|Ernest Gage moved to Folgate Lane, Costessey in 1956.
He retired from the drawing office of the GPO in 1975.
In his retirement he was an accomplished wine maker -
organ player of the year - water colour painter and
He then became interested in history and was known as
the Local Historian. He began his research into the
history of Costessey and published his first book on
Costessey Hall in 1991. In 1992 he continued his
research into the history of Old Costessey and his
second book 'Costessey - A Look into The Past' was
published in February 2002.
Sadly Ernest Gage, the author of 'Costessey Hall' and
'Costessey - A Look Into the Past' died in 2010. Ernest
would be very pleased to know that his last book 'Costessey -
A Look Into the Past' is being reprinted