Home Page
Preface
A Look into The Past
Take a sneak peak at extracts from the book.
Costessey Hall & Photo Gallery
Costessey Brickworks
Spartna Life At Costessey - Just A Hundred Years Ago
Where To Purchase Our Books
Local shops to buy both books and information on Old Costessey and Family History
 

Old Post Office - 1951

The Bush Public House - 1985

Townhouse Road - 1985

Townhouse Road - 1990

Rear Of West End Road Farm - 1918

Simmons At Denny's Cottage - 1870

Costessey Lane (Drayton)
Looking Towards Costessey - 1912

Mr & Mrs Artherton With Nurse White Centre
Mr Artherton Was A Costessey Estate Gamekeeper

^ Top Of Page

Ernest G Gage
The publishers wishes to thank the Eastern Evening News for there permission to use the above photograph of the author taken by Harry Naylor.

Ernest Gage moved to Folgate Lane, Costessey in 1956. He retired from the drawing office of the GPO in 1975. In his retirement he was an accomplished wine maker - organ player of the year - water colour painter and photographer.

He then became interested in history and was known as the Local Historian. He began his research into the history of Costessey and published his first book on Costessey Hall in 1991. In 1992 he continued his research into the history of Old Costessey and his second book 'Costessey - A Look into The Past' was published in February 2002.

Sadly Ernest Gage, the author of 'Costessey Hall' and 'Costessey - A Look Into the Past' died in 2010. Ernest would be very pleased to know that his last book 'Costessey - A Look Into the Past' is being reprinted
 
© 2013 Brian E Gage

Website Design: City Webs